Saturday 28 July 2012

Clutch Adjustment



This is a basic thing which a biker is supposed to know... Adjusting clutch is no rocket science but just a simple thing which anybody can learn and it comes quite handy for bikers.


The process of adjusting clutch is as follows:



Rotating the screws in the direction shown in the image will loosen your clutch. But first always start from the 2nd nut (as mentioned in the image below) if you want to loosen the clutch, and start with the 1st nut if you want to tighten it because the 2 nuts move the cylinder in the middle that makes the clutch loose or tight with the direction indicated here.




The clutch always is supposed to be kept a little loose, because a tighter clutch will wear your clutch plates sooner. It should be adjusted in a manner that the bike should begin to move as soon as you start releasing the clutch slowly. I have seen some clutches so tight that the bike begins to move when the clutch is completely released, it shouldn't be that way.

And please keep in mind that changes made should always be minor... make little changes one-by-one and then try it out each time. Not satisfied? Do it again till you feel its OK.

Now comes the final part, to make the changes permanent, take a plier or PAKKAD and hold nut 1 and tighten nut 2 with the spanner.

Your clutch is successfully adjusted now. Enjoy your ride.




7 comments:

  1. My hero duet scootey when in idling condition some tik tik sound is coming what is the problem and any problem to engine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hero duet scootey when in idling condition some tik tik sound is coming what is the problem and any problem to engine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i park my bike after a ride then a tik tik Sound comes. What's the problem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This post is quite interesting. Thanks for sharing. Car seat covers Oshawa Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
    ซื้อขายบิ๊กไบค์

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does your website have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an email. I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.
    iPhone x 10 cases

    ReplyDelete